I started making these as I was looking for a tasty and filling breakfast and I’ve always loved Cherry Bakewells! They’re really quick and easy to make and you can bake them the night before and re-heat them in the microwave for a minute.
Yield: 1 portion/4 cake cases
WW SmartPoints: 6
WW No Count: Free
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
40g porridge oats
25ml skimmed milk
25ml sugar-free caramel syrup
1/4 tsp almond flavouring (adjust depending on how almondy you like them!)
16 cherries/about 50g (I use Sainsbury’s frozen dark sweet cherries & de-frost before adding)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mix together the oats, egg, milk, sugar-free caramel syrup and almond flavouring.
3. Spoon the mixture into silicon cake cases in a cupcake/muffin pan or silicon mould.
4. Place the cherries gently in the top of the mixture.
5. Bake for 35 minutes until the tops are browned and the bottoms are no longer soggy.
6. Remove from the cases/mould as soon as they are cool enough to handle to prevent them going soggy.